The Porter Mansion
The Jacksonville office is located in the historic Porter Mansion. This classical revival home was designed by famed American architect Henry Klutho and completed in 1902. It has now been lovingly restored and appointed as a 21st-century law office, retaining the best of its classical details with the subtle addition of modern appointments.
Located two blocks from the Duval County Courthouse and the Federal Courthouse in Jacksonville, it is at the center of the Court District and at the heart of the downtown renaissance of the River City.
Consistent with the firm’s commitment to trial and appellate advocacy, the building features spacious conference rooms and common areas for collaborative work and a mock courtroom for trial and appellate argument preparation.
The Bowen House
The Tallahassee office occupies the historic Bowen House, one of the oldest and most architecturally significant structures in Tallahassee. Constructed in New York in the 1830s and shipped to and reassembled in Tallahassee circa 1841, the building is named for Clare Bowen, who grew up in the home.
Ms. Bowen was the lead plaintiff in Bowen v. Winterle, 30 So. 2d 536 (Fla. 1947), a landmark appellate decision in the area of preserving trees and historic structures targeted for municipal removal that resulted in the preservation of what is now the Calhoun Street Historic District on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Bowen House is at the corner of Calhoun and Virginia Streets and is an easy walk to the Supreme Court of Florida as well as the county and federal courthouses and the Capitol. The entrance and parking lot are in the back of the building, accessible off of Virginia Street.